While most people think that women are the only ones who can benefit from cosmetic services, there are also treatments that can be tailored to the unique, specific needs of men. At About Face Medical Aesthetics, our men’s services offer something for everyone, from hair removal to body contouring.
About Face Medical Aesthetics is located in Stratham, New Hampshire serving Portsmouth and offers advanced medical aesthetic treatments to keep you looking your best. Contact us today to schedule a consultation.
What Services Do We Offer for Men?
We currently offer a complete list of men’s services, including CoolSculpting®, facial rejuvenation, skin care treatments, laser hair removal, and BOTOX® for excessive sweating.
Developed by scientists at Harvard University, CoolSculpting® uses controlled cooling technology to freeze fat cells in targeted areas. Once the fat is crystallized, it is removed naturally by the body as waste over a period of several weeks.
The skin and remaining fat then adjust to accommodate the fat reduction, thinning out the abdomen and love handle areas and creating better definition. This procedure is quick, does not irritate or damage the skin, and requires no downtime.
During the natural aging process, volume is lost in the face. This causes lax, loose skin and wrinkles. With our non-surgical facial rejuvenation using BOTOX® and fillers, masculine contours are redefined and a cosmetically appealing shape is restored with no surgery or recovery.
- BOTOX® – According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, the number of men using BOTOX® has increased 310 percent since 2000. This neurotoxin is injected directly into the muscles of the face, temporarily relaxing them and disabling the underlying tissue activity that causes lines and wrinkles for several months.
- Dermal fillers – Used either in conjunction with facial BOTOX® or separately, our dermal fillers are comprised of hyaluronic acid or other substances that occur naturally in the body. Dermal fillers add volume underneath the skin, plumping treated areas and smoothing out the visible signs of aging.
- Micro-Needling – Used to complement your improved facial contours, micro-needling involves a pen-like tool with several tiny needles that is moved along the surface of your skin. The needles create “micro wounds” in the skin surface that are invisible to the naked eye and stimulate the production of fresh, undamaged skin cells, may help with acne scars.
Skin Care Treatments
At About Face Medical Aesthetics, we have skin treatments that are specifically tailored to men.
- HydraFacial™ – A gentle resurfacing facial procedure that maintains your skin health, HydraFacial™ cleanses and exfoliates the skin surface while extracting dead skin cells and other debris. The skin is then hydrated, delivering helpful antioxidants and nutrients into the skin.
- Chemical peels – During this facial treatment, a chemical solution of varying strengths is applied directly to the face. Depending on your specific skin type and condition, multiple chemical peels are available to penetrate below the surface of the skin and help reduce the appearance of fine lines, acne scarring, sun damage and other blemishes.
- Laser facials – Using bipolar radio frequency technology, our laser facial tightens the skin and renews collagen production, effectively treating the visible signs of aging, textural irregularities, and some scarring with no damage to surrounding tissue.
- Skin care products – Designed specifically for our male clients, our skin care regimen is effective and requires minimal maintenance for maintaining skin health and acne scar reduction.
Laser Hair Removal
For men who are interested in thinning out body hair or removing it entirely, laser hair removal is the only option that removes unwanted hair permanently without regular maintenance. Excess body hair on the back, chest, arms and other areas is easily treated with this procedure, disabling hair follicles after a series of sessions to prevent any future regrowth.
BOTOX® for Excessive Sweating
In addition to effectively treating the visible signs of aging, BOTOX® can also be used effectively for excessive sweating, or hyperhidrosis. When injected underneath the skin in the armpits, BOTOX® blocks nerve signals from reaching your sweat glands, leading to drier underarms for up to six months.
Contact About Face Medical Aesthetics today to schedule a consultation and find out how our men’s services can benefit you.